Thanks to . . .
- Matrix Software - for the astrological software I've used in my practice since 1982. I've tried the rest, and in my experience theirs is the best. Unless otherwise noted, all horoscopes, astro-locality maps and other astrological graphics appearing in this site are produced using Matrix's WinStar Plus software suite.
- The Hubble Space Telescope System - for the grandest views in and of the universe, including one set as a background on the home page of this site (the Cat's Eye Nebula, NGC 6543); and the one set as a background on this page (a stellar background for a group of galaxies in the making some eleven billion light years away). With apologies to Hubble, both images are heavily retouched here. The originals in all their glory are a sight to see at the Hubble website hyperlinked here - which is definitely quite some site to see.
- Bob Siegel at Access: New Age - the online New Age bookstore featured with the WOW award and review for October 21-27, 1996 - for his generosity and expertise in providing faster-loading (smaller) versions of the Hubble image used as a background on this page. (Bob volunteered to do this 'out of the blue' the week after the review ran. Anyone who believes there isn't a stitch of altruism in a Capricorn take note!)
- Iconolog - for a couple of icons used here and there in this site, although I have modified them just about to the point of being unrecognizable.
- And of course my lovely wife Maria - and I'm simply being accurate, not at all gallant in this respect - for her advice on color coordinating the home page here at Astropro. Maria is an interior designer (although she refers to herself as a 'decorette'), so her eye for such details is far better than mine. Of course, picking nice colors is one thing. Getting them to work over the Net with a swarm of different video systems is the REAL trick, the kind of thing that could drive a webmaster to drink. It's like I always say: HTML is an acronym for How To Marinate Liver. Be that as it may, the odds are good that if you see a page that pleases the eye anywhere around this website, my main squeeze had a hand in it. Thanks, Maria!
- My friend Alan Meyers, who pestered me to get on the Net several years ago. Having done some time with the online services in the mid- to late-'80s, I figured I'd seen quite enough thank you. But when Alan showed me the Web, I realized that this was a whole new ballgame. A few months later, I was setting up Astropro. From time to time Alan shares some of his technical tips and tricks with me - he's a software engineer, a genuine certified high muckety-muck techno-weenie, so tricks are his business - and plays beta tester for my latest efforts. (It's nice to know what things look like on a Mac, for example, and he's got one of those in addition to several PCs.)
- Last but not least, thanks to Astropro's sponsors. If you're a regular visitor this is old news, but otherwise you may be flabbergasted to learn that Astropro has been fortunate enough to obtain some commercial sponsors, whose advertisements you'll see here and there around the site. Please do click on any ad that strikes your fancy and drop in on our sponsors. Access: New Age and WinStar are here just because I like their stuff and thought you might be interested. And there's a public service ad or two here and there as well. All the other advertisers actually pay Astropro a pittance every time you click on one of their ads, I kid you not! (It's just a pittance, but those clicks do add up - and they help pay the bills around here.) These are all worthwhile sponsors, so I hope you'll check 'em out. I mean, if you've got nothing better to do than click on those ads till your finger's sore, that's fine with me - then if you want to change hands and click some more, that's okay too . . . just kidding! But please do think of it this way: when you click on one of those ads, YOU become an Astropro sponsor. (Thank you, thank you very much!)
|Richard Nolle, Certified Professional Astrologer
phone/fax 480-753-6261 - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Box 26599 - Tempe, AZ 85285-6599 - USA
on the World Wide Web at http://www.astropro.com