NETSELECT DIRECTORY: WEATHER
Change being the only constant, it's the Tao of the Web that sites move and go down. Please let me know if you run across a link here that no longer works. (You can click on the email button at the bottom of this page if you like.) Thanks!
- Forecasts and more
- Billion Dollar U.S. Weather Disasters
- This NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration) National Climatic Data Center site has official data on US weather catastrophes that occurred during the 1988-1999 period with total damages/costs exceeding $1 billion per incident.
- Canadian WeatherOffice
- The latest weather conditions for Canada
- See Astropro NetSelect Directory, Geophysics Section.
- CNN: Hurricane visualization
- A virtual reality tour of a hurricane, requires Cosmo Player or World View VRML plug-in and a 133 Mhz or better processor
- CNN - Weather
- Pretty decent: you get the big weather stories plus the satellite and radar photos (no movies though), a searchable database of cities around the world so you can get forecast conditions.
- HURRICANECITY: Atlantic Hurricane Tracking
- Check here for updates on Atlantic hurricanes - lots of links to other storm & weather sites, too.
- Internet Weather Source
- A NOAA resource with weather for the US and the world, plus weather maps, marine & aviation weather
- NASA Space Weather Bureau
- Daily solar images, solar flare probabilities, solar flux, geomagnetic activity & much more
- National Snow & Ice Data Center
- NOAA's data and information resource for those studying snow and ice, and their importance to the Earth system. An archive of analog and digital snow and ice data: snow cover, avalanches, glaciers and ice sheets, floating ice, ground ice and permafrost, atmospheric ice, paleoglaciology, ice cores etc.
- NOAA's National Weather Radio website, with specs on setting your radio to receive NWR broadcasts.
- NOAA UV Index (Daily)
- Get the daily UV Index for major US metro areas.
- Today's Space Weather
- Geomagnetic activity, solar flux and more - this is cosmic weather! Your tax dollars at work, via National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration's Space Environment Center.
- TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER
- Forecasts, advisories, satellite data and more
- UM Weather
- WeatherNet is billed as the Internet's premier source of weather information. It provides access to thousands of forecasts, images, and a huge collection of weather links . . . sponsored by The Weather Underground at the University of Michigan.
- Check out the display of the latest US lightning strikes!
- USA TODAY Weather
- Lots of specialty features here, including weather for pilots, weather for teachers, Interstate Highway conditions, UV forecast etc.
- Weather by E-mail
- Register with this outfit, and they'll deliver your daily forecast via email every morning - US locales only!
- Weather Channel
- You'd think they'd have the best weather on the Web. You'd be wrong. But what the heck, they're still worth a visit if you want to know what's up with the weather.
- WeatherPost - Washington Post
- Everything you'd expect - current forecasts for thousands of cities, weather maps, satellite and radar images . . . plus historical weather data too.
- Yahoo! Weather
- Not fancy, but a fast way to get weather satellite photos and movies, plus the regular stuff: weather forecast, etc.
||Richard Nolle, Certified Professional Astrologer
consultations/orders (MasterCard/Visa only) 1-800-527-8761
phone/fax 480-753-6261 - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Box 26599 - Tempe, AZ 85285-6599 - USA
on the World Wide Web at http://www.astropro.com