NETSELECT DIRECTORY: LANGUAGE
Change being the only constant, it's the Tao of the Web that sites move and go down. Please let me know if you run across a link here that no longer works. (You can click on the email button at the bottom of this page if you like.) Thanks!
- Ocrat Chinese Pages
- Transparent's Power Chinese
- Transparent Language, Inc. - Home Page
- Transparent offers multimedia courses in major world languages.
- Search nearly 1,000 online English dictionaries at once here.
- Business Terms Lookup
- The translation folks bring you this free reference including 10+ business terms dictionaries, covering marketing, real estate, finance and more.
- DOD Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
- English to English
- A partial dictionary of British equivalents to American words
- Microsoft Lexicon
- An online dictionary of geekspeak
- Naval Terminology, Jargon & Slang FAQ
- Naval terms & phrases decoded to keep you from going aback
- OneLook Dictionaries, The Faster Finder
- Rap Dictionary
- The Rap Dictionary
- Fast, excellent interface
- Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary 1913
- Classy citations, great search feature
- Wordsmyth English Dictionary-Thesaurus
- Definitions, pronunciations, examples & similars for over 50,000 'headwords'
- WWWebster Dictionary - Search screen
- Merriam-Webster's online dictionary, look up 160,000+ words
- World Wide Words
- Michael Quinion's site devoted to the "history, quirks, curiosities and evolution" of the English language
Grammar, Usage, Style Etc.
- English Grammar
- Excellent, includes quizzes.
- English Software
- Correct, perfect and enhance English texts with this software.
- The Grammar Lady Online
- Say it right . . . er, correctly . . . columnist Mary Bruder lends a hand.
- HTGREP form for works by Robert Harris
- A glossary of literary terms & handbook of rhetorical devices
- MLA Style
- See here for guidelines on citing Internet sources.
- Strunk, William. 1918. The Elements of Style.
- Aside from a dictionary, the most indispensable reference for anyone who aims to write in English
- Lexical FreeNet Connected Thesaurus
- Plumb Design Visual Thesaurus
- An exploration of meaning in the English language
- WWWebster Thesaurus - Search screen
- Merriam-Webster's online Thesaurus
- Latin World List
- This University of Kansas web page can be a handy reference.
- Ethnologue, 13th edition, 1996
- A catalogue of more than 6,700 languages spoken in 228 countries. The Ethnologue Name Index lists over 39,000 language names, dialect names, and alternate names. The Ethnologue Language Family Index organizes languages according to language families.
- Linguistics Resources
- Lots of resources (many academic), including links to online dictionaries
- Web of On-line Dictionaries
- More than 500 dictionaries of over 140 different languages are accessible here.
- World Language Resources
- Hundreds of languages, thousands of resources here - including multilingual chat, translation software & more.
- Animated ASL Dictionary
- An idea whose time has come - yes, you can really learn American Sign Language from this site!
- Quick online translation of text as well as web pages: it's free and fast.
- LEO English-German Dictionary
- Enter a word (either language), see (and hear) the translation in the other language.
- travlang's Translating Dictionaries
- Translates English and many European languages from one to the other - even Esperanto!
- TU Chemnitz German-English Dictionary
- Yahoo's Babel Fish Translations
- Quick free online translation of text as well as web pages: Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portugese, Russian & Spanish.
|Richard Nolle, Certified Professional Astrologer
consultations/orders (MasterCard/Visa only) 1-800-527-8761
data/fax 480-753-6261 - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Box 26599 - Tempe, AZ 85285-6599 - USA
on the World Wide Web at http://www.astropro.com